Okay I am looking for the ideal voice talents for Charmy’s Army – The Animated Series. I have been watching clips on YouTube of every actor I can find trying to find someone who will do Charmy justice.
First up of course was Robert De Niro. I watched hours of clips and finally decided that he is just not crazy enough. He is a powerful actor, but he is just not right. I also realized his fee would be more than my entire budget. With that realization kicked in, I began looking for actors in my price range.
I decided to throw out a list of names and leave it to you, my loyal readers as to who you would love to hear voice Charmy…
1. Steve Martin – I believe he can do anything.
2. Weird Al Yankovic – He actually sounds like me from my demo video.
3. Charlie Sheen – Charlie has lived Charmy’s life….
4. Jim Belushi – I really think his voice would be cool for this part… and he is within budget.
5. Jeffery Donovan – Yeah, the guy from Burn Notice. He actually is very talented and can pull of Charmy’s voice very similarly to the voice I used in my demo.
6. Ron Howard – Yep,Opie. Just imagine Ritchie Cunningham voicing Charmy. AWESOME!
7. Dolph Ziggler – Okay, you are Googling this one, right? Go right on ahead and you’ll agree.
8. Jim Carey – Oh, like I could afford him!!! He is more expensive than De Niro…
9. Norm McDonald – I think Norm is awesome. To bad he is busy pitching Chicken for KFC… I bet I could have afford him!!!! Ya snooze, ya lose….
10. Patton Oswalt – My hand’s down favorite pick! This guy would be so perfect.
I would love to hear everyone’s suggestions for Charmy’s voice. Leave me a comment with your recommendations.