First Panel of the Year Coming Up!
My first panel of 2020 is coming up in a few weeks. Not only am I a panelist, but I will also be the Panel Organizer and Lead Moderator. The panel will take place at 11:00 am at BrazCon in Manvel, Texas. This small, family oriented convention is a ton of fun. It takes place at a high school in the Brazoria County School District every year and supports the Brazoria County Library System. It is a local show for me so I can squeeze out a tiny profit each year. This is the only show I know I will not lose money at so it is my favorite show obviously. No pressure… just a lot of hard work and a ton of fun.
This year, I will be leading the panel about cartooning. My panel will also include Ryan Shaw, an amazing artist who I met a few years ago. The panel will be answering anything the audience wants to learn about. Since this crowd will be made up of young kids who have never been to a panel before, I am prepping a bunch of questions to have on hand for kids to pick from. Here are a list of 20 questions for the panel.
- When did you decide you wanted to draw cartoons?
- Who are your influences?
- How do you draw your cartoons?
- What advise do you have for someone who wants to draw cartoons?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Who is your favorite super villain?
- What is your favorite animated cartoon?
- What do you like to draw?
- What do you find is the hardest thing or person to draw?
- Do you draw cartoons for a living? or do you have a day job?
- What was your biggest success?
- What was your biggest failure?
- If you could work on someone else’s comic strip, webcomic or comic book, what would you like to work on?
- Where do you come up with ideas for your comics?
- How do your comics get into newspapers?
- How long does it take to draw something?
- What do you like better? Drawing or writing?
- Do you have a routine when you draw?
- What is your biggest cartooning goal?
- Who do you think is the greatest cartoonist ever?
I hope to see you all at BrazCon! If you miss it, hopefully someone will record it.